How Does it Work?
1. SOLAR PANELS – These are devices, usually placed on the building’s roof, that absorb the energy radiated from the Sun and convert it into DC (Direct Current) Electricity.
2. INVERTER – This is a device that takes the DC (Direct Current) Electricity created by the Solar Panels and converts it to AC (Alternating Current) Electricity, which is the type of energy used in most homes and businesses.
3. BI-DIRECTIONAL METER – This is a meter that measures and displays the amount of energy you are creating vs. the amount of energy you are using. It also performs system diagnostics and sends alerts regarding system or equipment issues.
4. APPLIANCES – The energy is distributed throughout your home or business and used to power all your lights, appliances, and everything else that is powered by electricity.
5. UTILITY GRID – Any excess energy generated that doesn’t get used is automatically sent to the utility grid through the power lines, and the electric company PAYS YOU for the electricity you provide.